• What is the registration process if I live in Jefferson County, Kentucky?
     • Students must have their own Internet Service Provider (ISP), preferably a DSL or Broadband connection.
     • Students must obtain an application from their school counselor or the website for each 1/2-credit course.
     • All information requested on the application must be completed.
     • The student's counselor must sign the application to verify approval of the course to be taken.
     • The fee for each semester course is $125; a full-year course is $175. Some courses may require a book, textbook or lab manual or course fee at an
    additional cost.  From August 1 to April 30, students who live in Jefferson County and attend private or parochial schools may enroll in courses at no cost (except for required materials). We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, and VISA. Checks should be made payable to: JCHS.

     • Students can bring their completed application to:
    900 South Floyd Street
    Louisville, KY 40203
    (502) 485-3173

  • Can I take a course if I attend a school outside Jefferson County?
    Yes. Schools can enroll students in individual courses. The cost is $125 plus the cost of materials per 1/2-credit course any time.

    Option 1
     • Schools can enroll and pay for students to take individual courses.

    Option 2
     • Schools can enroll and have the students pay for individual courses.


    If you do not attend a school, you must have an enrollment form signed by your parent.
  • Can schools outside of Jefferson County enroll students in JCPSeSchool courses?
    Yes, schools outside of Jefferson County that want to use our courses may select from the following options:
    Option 1
     • Schools can enroll students in individual courses at a cost to the school of $125 plus the cost of materials per 1/2-credit course any time during the school year if space is available.

    Option 2
     • Schools can purchase slots that will allow them to enroll a specific number of students any time. When a student completes a course, another student can be enrolled in that slot. Each slot costs $182.50 for one calendar year.
  • How much time do I have to complete a course?
    Students are given up to 120 calendar days from the date they are enrolled in the course to complete. Please check with your counselor to see if course must be completed before our expiration date. If the school expiration is sooner than our expiration date, the school deadline must be met.
  • How long does it take to complete a course?
    We allow up to 120 days to complete a course. However, the average time it takes to complete a course is 60-80 hours per 1/2 credit.
  • Can a student receive an extension?
    Extensions must be approved and requested by the school counselor.
    We will provide one courtesy extension per course. The courtesy extension is for 14 calendar days. If a second extension is needed, a 30 day extension may be purchased.
    The extension fee is $50 per course. The final must be completed before the expiration date.
  • Are there refunds if I change my mind?
    If a student discontinues a course and applies for a refund within one month from the date of enrollment, a refund of the tuition will be made, minus a $5 registration fee. No refunds will be made past the one-month period. This only applies to students who have personally paid JCPSeSchool for their course. Students who pay their own school for recovery of a credit must negotiate with that school concerning a refund.
  • Can I transfer from one course to another?
    A student may transfer to another course within one month of enrollment. The school must approve the transfer.

    When a transfer is granted, the new course must be completed within the maximum completion date of 120 days from the original date of enrollment (or earlier if completion date set by local school). The enrollment fee cannot be transferred from one person to another.

  • Where can I get enrollment forms?
    Click this link to download an eSchool Application:

    Here is a link to our online application.


    Please call the office at (502) 485-3173 for information about slots for schools.
  • Can I Do eSchool Only From Home?

    Students who want to enroll and graduate through Jefferson County High School, must be at least 18 and reside in Jefferson County.

    Students must be accepted to enroll. The first step to start the process is to attend an information and testing session.


    Students who are under 18 and want to take online courses from home may enroll in our courses as a home school student.